Advanced botulinum toxin
AK Training Academy’s Advanced Botulinum Toxin is designed for delegates who have already built up some Botulinum Toxin injecting experience and are keen to move forward with more complex and sophisticated treatments.
The course will enable practitioners to offer a fuller portfolio of treatments to clients, including:
- Gummy Smile
- Lower face
- Nefertiti lift
Aesthetics clients are increasingly demanding in terms of the results they expect. They are also keen to explore more sophisticated and complex procedures. This course includes the more technically difficult and skilled ‘premium’ procedures.
As with all AK Training Academy courses, the Advanced Botulinum Toxin course provides a carefully constructed combination of theory and practical teaching, with demonstrations plus opportunity to practice new techniques on live models under the guidance and supervision of our trainers.
We recommend a minimum of 6-12 months of frequent aesthetics injecting experience.
- Safe injection technique.
- Advanced theoretical learning
- Complex Botulinum Toxin procedures
- Correcting problems
- Analysing faces to better advise on beautiful results
- Practical experience in the advanced use of Botulinum Toxin
- Develop understanding of how to deliver a natural looking result that provides the right balance between minimising targeted lines and wrinkles and appropriate movement for facial expression.
- Live models provided – see demonstrations plus benefit from expertly supervised practical experience with real patients.
- 6:1 trainer/trainee ratio – for our advanced delegates.
- Free and exclusive access to our highly active online community for post-course support, questions and debate.
- Comprehensive course structure which empowers you to master the whole professional process, not just the injections.
- Unique algorithms in the theory course give you certainty when you are injecting on your own.
- Dedicated fully-equipped modern clinic environment and lecture room.
- All products included.
- Insurer-approved certificate of attendance.
Please see below a list of competencies which we assess you against on your training course:
- History taking
- Physical examination skills/clinical judgement
- Demonstrates understanding of indications for treatment, A&P, procedural technique
- Obtains informed consent
- Demonstrates appropriate preoperative preparation
- Offers/applies appropriate analgesics
- Demonstrates safe delivery of proposed procedure
- Technical ability
- Aseptic technique
- Post procedure management
- Communication skills
- Overall ability to perform the procedure competently
Your trainer will work with you to help you meet the required standard for each of these competencies. Delegates not able to meet one or more of the competencies will be asked to resit their training on a different date at additional cost.
Successful completion of the competencies results in a AK Training Academy certificate, which is issued at the end of your training day.