Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure. It requires the use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz).
Dermaplaning Treatment FAQ’s
Why choose dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is especially effective for those with a dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimise superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone. It is also beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a build-up of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age
- Dermaplaning is safe for pregnant or lactating clients, who cannot have chemical peels (peels penetrate skin to act at the cellular level, thus are contraindicated)
- It is also a great option for removing peach fuzz or vellus hair on the face also. It can be performed once a month and will not stimulate more hair growth like waxing, plucking or threading
- The only therapist in a clinic who will be offering this treatment is Terri. She is the only trained aesthetician with a light enough touch
* Those with very oily or active acne should avoid this procedure as well as anyone with thick, dark facial hair.
What will my skin go like when it disappears?
The correction will gradually disappear until your skin looks like it did before the treatment. This is when you need a further treatment.
Improve the texture and appearance of your skin with dermaplaning treatment from AK Aesthetics.