Dermaplaning in Liverpool
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure. It requires the use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz).
Here at AK Aesthetics, we offer a wider range of beauty treatments, including dermaplaning. A physical exfoliation treatment, a sterile, surgical scalpel is used to gently “shave” the skin’s surface. The main goal for this treatment is to remove the top layer of dead skin, and second to this, the fine vellus hair may also be removed. However, it is important to note that those with active acne, very oily skin or thick, dark facial hair should avoid this treatment.
The treatment can have the added benefit the skin if it is dry or rough, making it nice and smooth. It can also minimise superficial acne scarring or an uneven skin tone. Furthermore, as skin ages, skin cell reproduction changes, so it can help mature skin in this way. As long as you haven’t also had a chemical peel, which penetrates the skin at a deeper cellular level, dermaplaning is safe if you are pregnant or lactating.
You may also like to use it as a way of removing hair if you just have a light peach facial fuzz. This can be carried out once a month, without stimulating additional hair growth. We are lucky to have our specially trained beauty therapist, Terri, who is a trained aesthetician with the ideal light enough touch to perform dermaplaning.
Clients across the UK can benefit from dermaplaning from our base in Liverpool. We recommend regular treatment, which should be carried out when your skin returns to the condition it was prior to the procedure. When you have experienced dermaplaning, you will notice an improvement in the texture and appearance of your skin.
Dermaplaning Treatment FAQ’s
Why choose dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is especially effective for those with a dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimise superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone. It is also beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a build-up of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age
- Dermaplaning is safe for pregnant or lactating clients, who cannot have chemical peels (peels penetrate skin to act at the cellular level, thus are contraindicated)
- It is also a great option for removing peach fuzz or vellus hair on the face also. It can be performed once a month and will not stimulate more hair growth like waxing, plucking or threading
- The only therapist in a clinic who will be offering this treatment is Terri. She is the only trained aesthetician with a light enough touch
* Those with very oily or active acne should avoid this procedure as well as anyone with thick, dark facial hair.
What will my skin go like when it disappears?
The correction will gradually disappear until your skin looks like it did before the treatment. This is when you need a further treatment.
Improve the texture and appearance of your skin with dermaplaning treatment from AK Aesthetics.