Dermaplaning in Liverpool
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure. It requires the use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz).
Based in Liverpool, here at AK Aesthetics, we offer a variety of beauty treatments to those based in the UK, including dermaplaning. From our Liverpool bases, we can carry out dermaplaning, which is a kind of facial treatment that provides an exfoliation so deep that it can remove both dead skin, and the fine, vellus hair on its surface.
Dermaplaning makes use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to sculpt the skin into a smooth, even surface. Although skin with active acne, that which is very oily, or skin with thick, dark facial hair is not suitable for this treatment, it is possible to tackle superficial acne scarring and issues with an uneven skin tone.
It should not be used in combination with chemical peels, dermaplaning alone is suitable for mature skin, and is safe to carry out if you’re pregnant or lactating (which is not the case with chemical peels). The treatment can be carried out to remove peach-like facial fuzz, without stimulating additional hair growth.
At AK Aesthetics, our therapist Terri is a trained aesthetician with the light touch it takes to carry out dermaplaning. You will notice an improvement in the texture and appearance of your skin following your dermaplaning facial treatment, but this requires follow-up treatment in order to maintain the results. You will know when it is time for another treatment when you notice a return to your skin’s previous condition, with the build-up on dead skin cells as with the body’s natural skin cell reproduction process.
Whether you’re looking for dermaplaning or other aesthetic treatments, get in touch with AK Aesthetics today to find out more.
Dermaplaning Treatment FAQ’s
Why choose dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is especially effective for those with a dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimise superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone. It is also beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a build-up of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age
- Dermaplaning is safe for pregnant or lactating clients, who cannot have chemical peels (peels penetrate skin to act at the cellular level, thus are contraindicated)
- It is also a great option for removing peach fuzz or vellus hair on the face also. It can be performed once a month and will not stimulate more hair growth like waxing, plucking or threading
- The only therapist in a clinic who will be offering this treatment is Terri. She is the only trained aesthetician with a light enough touch
* Those with very oily or active acne should avoid this procedure as well as anyone with thick, dark facial hair.
What will my skin go like when it disappears?
The correction will gradually disappear until your skin looks like it did before the treatment. This is when you need a further treatment.
Improve the texture and appearance of your skin with dermaplaning treatment from AK Aesthetics.