IPL vs Laser Hair Removal
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) Therapy use light to heat the hair and remove it.
It is often mistaken that IPL and lasers are the same. IPL is an Intense Pulse Light that treats using a full spectrum of light with different scattered wave lengths, while a laser uses one specific wavelength of light.
The colour of the hair follicle is the target.
Do I need to shave?
For IPL to be effective, the hair needs to be present in the hair follicle. Shaving is the best method between sessions and is recommended immediately prior to treatment. However depilatory creams may be used, but you need to leave a week or two before and after an IPL treatment.
What To Do After Laser Hair Removal
- Wear loose cotton clothing.
- Avoid touching the skin in the treatment area.
- Apply 100% Aloe Vera ONLY to your treatment area.
- Avoid the gym, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming pool.
- When showering/bathing keep water tepid/lukewarm.
- Avoid doing all forms of physical exercise.